Advanced Shell Scripting ● Systems Architect ● IT Service Delivery ● IT Projects ● Information Security ● Standardization
I am a self-starting, analytical, and detail-oriented professional with an extensive background in UNIX/Linux Systems Administration and LSF high performance computing (HPC) Cluster Administration; and experience in Service Delivery and managing IT projects. A dedicated leader with excellent communication skills and proven success leading diverse individuals and global projects through influence and coordination of geographically disparate teams of diverse IT professionals, process managers, and stakeholders.
- Migrated design workflow from domestic to overseas datacenters 3 times, centralizing efforts of geographically fragmented design teams while providing increased computing resource availability.
- First consisted of 3 active design projects, 5 maintenance projects, 20+ reference projects, 800+Tb of design data, and 40+ user accounts.
- Second included 20+ maintenance design projects, 200+Tb of design data, and 13 engineering user accounts.
- Third involved 1 active design project, 30+ maintenance design projects, 100+Tb of design data, and 9 user accounts.
- Transferred all remaining design databases, systems, and processes from domestic to overseas datacenters and completed shutdown of domestic design datacenter, reducing regional infrastructure and support requirements.
- Created standardized job submission script, resulting in use at all company design datacenters
- Received ST Silver Award by migrating and consolidating computing resources, design data, and design efforts from all domestic locations to single central datacenter serving 12 domestic design centers.
- Developed and implemented scripts, improving job status reporting. Utilized at all company design
- Tuned resource configuration at all domestic datacenters, increasing job throughput by 20%.
- Boosted problem identification and resolution speed by automating monitoring and reporting of resource saturation and performance issues at all domestic datacenters.
- Migrated from non-scalable computing architecture to robust, high-volume, highly available load sharing facility at multiple datacenters, increasing design-job throughput and improving resource utilization at each location.
- Developed standard implementation of X-Windows emulation via thin-client technology for rollout to all domestic design centers, enhancing overall user experience and reducing support requirements.
- Created job submission wrapper to assist users with proper submission syntax and criteria, bettering ease of use for silicon-design teams.
- Coached and mentored Systems Administrators at all domestic datacenters, boosting morale and overall performance of regional support team.
Additional Relevant Experience