Execute Technical Solutions Optimizing Efficiency and Performance
Detail-oriented professional with extensive experience executing IT Service Delivery solutions for datacenters across US, Canada, and Europe. Adept at spearheading consolidation of multiple datacenters for improved resource utilization and increased job throughput. Dedicated leader with excellent communication skills and proven success championing global migration and standardization projects through influence and coordination of geographically disparate teams of IT Managers, Process Managers, System Administrators, Software and License Administrators, and Stakeholders.
Areas of Expertise
- Service Delivery
- Project Management
- Datacenter Operations
- System Administration
- Datacenter Migration & Consolidation
- Datacenter Resource Utilization
- Stakeholder Management
Coordinated and assigned tasks, monitored progress of project plan implementation, and reported status and results to Service Delivery, IT Management, and domestic and overseas stakeholders from 12 design centers across North America and Canada, and 2 European datacenters.
- Migrated design workflow from domestic to overseas datacenters 3 times, centralizing efforts of geographically fragmented design teams while providing increased computing resource availability.
- First consisted of 3 active design projects, 5 maintenance projects, 20+ reference projects, 800+Tb of design data, and 40+ user accounts.
- Second included 20+ maintenance design projects, 200+Tb of design data, and 13 engineering user accounts.
- Third involved 1 active design project, 30+ maintenance design projects, 100+Tb of design data, and 9 user accounts.
- Transferred all remaining design databases, systems, and processes from domestic to overseas datacenters and completed shutdown of domestic design datacenter, reducing regional infrastructure and support requirements.
Ensured availability, connectivity, and throughput speed of remote computing resources, domestically and overseas, for silicon-design teams located across 12 North American design centers. Managed administration of all EDA tools and floating licenses for North American datacenters.
- Created standardized job submission script, resulting in use at all company design datacenters
- Received ST Silver Award by migrating and consolidating computing resources, design data, and design efforts from all domestic locations to single central datacenter serving 12 domestic design centers.
- Developed and implemented scripts, improving job status reporting. Utilized at all company design
- Tuned resource configuration at all domestic datacenters, increasing job throughput by 20%.
- Boosted problem identification and resolution speed by automating monitoring and reporting of resource saturation and performance issues at all domestic datacenters.
Guaranteed accessibility and throughput speed of Coppell datacenter systems and storage servers. Assisted with management of EDA design tools and licenses. Coached and mentored Systems Administrators at all domestic datacenters and provided 1-stop systems support to local design teams.
- Migrated from non-scalable computing architecture to robust, high-volume, highly available load sharing facility at multiple datacenters, increasing design-job throughput and improving resource utilization at each location.
- Developed standard implementation of X-Windows emulation via thin-client technology for rollout to all domestic design centers, enhancing overall user experience and reducing support requirements.
- Created job submission wrapper to assist users with proper submission syntax and criteria, bettering ease of use for silicon-design teams.
- Coached and mentored Systems Administrators at all domestic datacenters, boosting morale and overall performance of regional support team.
Previous roles include Senior Unix Systems Administrator and UNIX Systems Administrator.
Additional Relevant Experience
- Senior System Administrator
- Senior UNIX Systems Administrator