- Thirty years computing experience, including thirteen years in large scale grid computing environment with five years managing multiple compute farms, over five years in large system, multiple server distributed environment, and more than nine years in large scale mainframe environments.
- Results oriented, capable of leading diverse individuals and projects, through direction and influence, across multiple technical disciplines and geographical locations worldwide.
- Extensive technical knowledge of UNIX, Linux, and related infrastructure and technologies, most recently leading a team supporting multiple grid computing environments using IBM/Platform LSF.
- Successfully planned and executed, with aggressive time frames, consolidation of 4 large Data Centers into a single location without impacting production.
- Initiated and championed innovation with launch of 8 new internal products developed in collaboration with teams from North America, Europe, and South Aisa, resulting in improved service quality and increased productivity: Central LSF Project Management, Global Standard LSF esub, Login Session Manager, LSF Job Control, Standardized User Environment, Login Server Process Monitoring, Centralized License Management System, and License Saturation Early Warning.
- Facilitated development of three major SOPs which became company-wide standards: CAD OS Guidelines, FlexLM License Audit and Denial Methodology, and Compute Farm Server & Data Storage Security.
- Initiated regular end-user training and web-based/electronic and in person information dissemination.
UNIX and Linux
- Expert scripting with all standard shells including Bash, Bourne, Korn, and C-Shell (bash, sh, ksh, & csh).
- Experienced with installation, configuration, and administration of multiple versions if Linux, including RedHat, RedHat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, SuSE, Debian, and Ubuntu on servers, workstations, and laptops.
- Experienced with installation, configuration, and managing IBM/Platform LSF compute farms, NIS and NISplus (NIS+) servers, and DNS, Web/Apache, MySQL, firewall, gateway, web-proxy, and email servers, as well as installation and configuration of Samba on UNIX and Linux as file servers and domain controllers.
- Experienced with installation, configuration, and administration of Sun V880, V100, E420, E450 and E250 servers and administration of Sun E3500, E6000, E10K, and IBM RS/6000 servers, as well as Sun Sparc, UltraSparc, SunBlade, and SunRay workstations.
- Experienced with installation, configuration, and administration of Sparc and x86 Solaris, Sparc and i386 NetBSD, and FreeBSD, as well as administration of AIX and SCO operating systems.
- Experienced with Amdahl 5995, Book Manager, CA-Manager, CNT, ESCON, Hitachi G9, HMC, IBM 9021, IBM 9672, InfoMan, JCL, JES2, JobTrac, LPAR, MAXM, MIMGR, MVS, NetView/AOC, Omegamon, T-Bar, TSO/ISPF/SDSF, VTAM, XCOM, and CLIST scripting.
- Experienced with installation, configuration, and administration of Network Appliance F500, F700, F800, F900, and C3000 series file servers in both UNIX/Linux and Windows environments.
- Familiar with installation, configuration, and administration of Windows NT, 2000, and 2003 servers, and Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, and XP workstations as well as Vista and Windows 7.
- Familiar with Windows 2000 & 2003 Terminal Server and WinConnect XP for thin-clients on UNIX workstations and RDP terminal appliances.